GLYCAM-Web provides tools for predicting the 3D structures of oligosaccharides and systems containing oligosaccharides. While the focus of the site is the construction of biomolecules, the custom builders allow users to generate a wide range of molecules. The utilities here are provided free of charge.
Current Capabilities of the Custom Builders:
- Build custom linear or branched oligosaccharides.
- Easily construct glycosaminoglycan fragments.
- Attach custom or pre-built oligosaccharides to a protein (user must provide protein PDB).
Oligosaccharides can be constructed via these methods:
- Intuitive point-and-click interface.
- Entry of primary sequence into a text-box online.
- URL directive.
Molecules can be downloaded in the following formats:
- PDB file
- AMBER topology and coordinate files
- Autodock input files (Coming Soon!)
To learn more about the custom builder capabilities, click on “HELP GRID” above. There, you will find a list of all available builders, and builders that are coming soon, with links to documentation for each.